Do's and Do Not's of Storm Emergencies
Heavy thunderstorms are known to cause flooding both inside and outside of the house. Here are a few tips of what to do if your house has flooded during this storm season.
What To Do After Flooding
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Turn on the air conditioning for maximum drying during the summer months.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place and remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Gather loose items from the floor.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Do not leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove the water.
- Do not turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet and avoid being in rooms where the ceilings are sagging.
- Do not use the your television or other household appliances.
Content by: SERVPRO Corporate
Cooking With Caution
“Cooking with Caution”
- Be on Alert. Do not cook if you are sleepy or have consumed any alcohol. This can potentially create dangerous situations. Do not use the stovetop or stove if you are under the influence.
- Be sure to stay in the kitchen while frying, boiling, grilling or broiling food. Always turn off the stove if you have to leave the kitchen, no matter how quick you may be.
- If you are simmering, baking, or roasting food, check it regularly, remain in your home while it is cooking, or use a timer so you do not forget about it.
- Be sure your kitchen is free of clutter and no loose items are near the stove. This reduces the chance of anything catching on fire.
If you have a small grease/ cooking fire and decide to fight the fire…
- On the stovetop, smother the flames by sliding a lid over the pan and turn off the burner. Leave the pan to covered until it is completely cool.
- If the fire is inside the oven, shut the oven off and keep the door closed.
If you have any doubt about fighting a small fire…
- Just leave the house! When leaving be sure to close the door behind you to help contain the fire.
- Call 9-1-1 or the local emergency number from outside the house.
Content & photo by: https://www.nfpa.org/Public-Education/Campaigns/Fire-Prevention-Week/Safety-Tip-Sheets
Commercial Cleaning Checklist
Every business should be taking measures to keep their building clean even if they do not employ a professional cleaning service. It can become hard to keep track of exactly what you should be cleaning regularly. Here is a checklist to make it a little easier to insure your workplace stays neat and tidy.
- Monthly Cleaning List:
- Dust all surfaces in the office
- Clean the fabric chairs
- Vacuum all fabric chairs, vents
- Deep clean all surface areas
- Weekly Cleaning Lists
- Sponge all glass windows, both on the outside and inside
- Clean the refrigerator
- Disinfect all trash bins
- Buff and polish all hardwood surfaces, including conference tables, floors, etc.
- Daily Cleaning Lists
- Empty waste bins and add nes liners
- Vacuum daily debris from all floors
- Clean painted surfaces as well
- Wipe baseboards, light switches and door handles
- Clean all reflective surfaces, mirrors and brass
- Put some room freshener down after cleaning
Content by: http://mcjanitorial.com/commercial-cleaning-checklist-make-sure-everything-gets-cleaned/
Water Damage Emergency Tips
When an emergency happens people tend to panic and sometimes do not have the proper tools to calmly deal with the situation. When water affects your house whether it be due to a heavy storm or a broken water heater it is always good to be informed on what to do next.
As in any emergency, safety should be you number one concern, and a water damage situation is no different!
- “Is it safe to stay in the house?” This should always be the first question you ask yourself. If the water damage has any potential to put you or your family at risk, then leave the house.
- Electrical and “slip and fall” hazards are some of the most common concerns. Be sure to shut off an power source it is safe to do so safely.
- Wet materials can be very heavy, so be careful when moving them.
- Be sure to only do things to your house that are safe for you to do and leave the rest to the remediation crew.
Content by: SERVPRO Corporate
SERVPRO Commercial Cleaning Services
When most people hear “SERVPRO” they think of water and fire restoration but we actually provide many other services like commercial cleaning and duct cleaning!
While most offices do a pretty good job at keeping their office clean, the everyday wear and tear will gradually build up. When it gets too much for your regular janitor to handle, call in SERVPRO! We do a fantastic job at removing odors, deep cleaning of carpets, flooring and much more. Every member of our crew is trained specifically to be able to handle a commercial cleaning job of any size.
Our cleaning services include:
- Air ducts and HVAC - Drapes and Blinds
- Biohazard Cleanup - Odor Removal
- Carpet and Upholstery -Sewage
- Ceilings, Floors, and Walls - Trauma and Crime Scene
Content by: SERVPRO Corporate
At Home Tips for Mold
Mold growth can happen in as little as 48 hours and can quickly become a huge problem in your business or home. Whether it is caused by a leaky pipe, water intrusion, or a roof leak, mold will grow if things like this are not taken care of quickly. Mold not only can cause damage to your property but also can cause health effects. Luckily our SERVPRO crew has the tools, training, and equipment to handle any mold job.
What To Do If You Discover Mold:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system.
- Contact us for mold remediation services.
What NOT To Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Do not blow air across any surface with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Do not spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Content by: SERVPRO Corporate
Emergency Ready Plan App
Knowing what to do and what to expect in advance is the key to timely mitigation and can prevent further damage after a fire or water damage.
The SERVPRO - Emergency Ready Plan is a mobile app that is perfect for homeowners, property managers, and business owners!
The Ready Plan app allows you to create individual emergency ready profiles for all of your properties. Which in turn saves you time after a disaster. By completing the Emergency Ready Plan app you can request restoration and remediation services by clicking one button within the app. One button and the fire damage and water restoration professionals are on there way to you- and you are back to breathing a sigh of relief knowing that your property is in trusted hands.
As a trusted leader in the restoration industry, SERVPRO of Overbrook/Wynnefield provides 24-hour residential and commercial services. As a locally owned and operated business, we’re dedicated to being faster to any size disaster, with the training, equipment, and expertise to handle your restoration and cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
The Emergency Ready Plan app is a immediate plan of action that allows you to put crucial property information in before a disaster strikes - allowing less downtime and business interruption.
No one plans on a disaster, but with the SERVPRO- Ready Plan app you can be ready for whatever happens!
SERVPRO offers the Emergency Ready Plan app completely free of charge- this is our way of making sure our community is safe and well taken care of. SERVPRO is always HERE TO HELP.
Need help putting together your Emergency Ready Profile? Contact our team today for assistance.
SERVPRO 2018 Franchise 500 Ranking
SERVPRO Retains Top Ranking in Restoration Services Category in the 2018 Franchise 500 Rankings.
SERVPRO, maintains its hold on the top ranking in the Restoration Services industry for the 10th consecutive year in the 2018 Franchise 500 rankings from Entrepreneur magazine.
"This recognition affirms that SERVPRO is a dynamic organization that continues to grow and strives to always provide superior support for its franchisees, and by extension, its customers," said Sue Steen, SERVPRO Industries, Inc., chief executive officer. "The recognition that the company earns year after year in this prestigious list is confirmation of a commitment to excellence that starts at the top and is evident in the service that each franchisee provides to each and every customer."
According to Steen, a number of differentiators set SERVPRO apart from the competition and fuel the attractiveness of the company to both existing franchisees and would-be entrepreneurs looking for a strong business opportunity. Key among these are:
•SERVPRO's commitment to being a learning organization, which keeps training and support at the forefront of the company's culture and philosophy of success and helps franchisees plan, track, and deliver best-in-class services to consumers.
•SERVPRO's focus on continued development and support for proprietary software and systems to allow the company's operational capacity to keep pace with an aggressive growth strategy.
"Today, as a mature franchise organization with more than 1,700 locations under a single brand, recognition like this makes it clear we are reaping the rewards of having laid a solid foundation and a framework to handle quick growth. As our brand continues to grow, we will continue our winning strategy of supporting and improving upon our infrastructure and investing resources in training and support."
SERVPRO specializes in fire and water cleanup and restoration services, helping both commercial and residential customers recover from property damage emergencies "Like it never even happened." For more fire prevention tips and information about fire and water damage restoration services, call SERVPRO of Overbrook/Wynnefield at 215-877-6653
At SERVPRO of Overbrook/Wynnefield we care about our customers. We are an emergency restoration company so we know we need to get to our jobs fast. Minutes could turn minimal damage into very dangerous damages to structures. We are open 24/7 which gives the customer someone to call at any hour of the day for emergencies. This is a huge advantage because many other restoration companies are not open 24/7. We are a well trusted franchise with a 4.6 star rating online and we strive to live up to this rating even at the smallest jobs. After we are finished a job we would love a rating on Google, Facebook or Yelp. This would be greatly appreciated! SERVPRO of Overbrook/Wynnefield is here to help. Give us a call at 215-877-6653 for more details.
Water Damaged Equipment and Inventory
Some Overbrook/Wynnefield businesses survive water damage with only minor issues. Other damages risk the ruining of specialized machinery and extensive stores of raw materials and finished products. Finding a restoration company that is willing to learn about the challenges your industry faces from water damage is the key to recovery.
Your family business boasts several generations of satisfied customers, and you now need help to keep water damage from destroying this history and disappointing clients. A water main burst and gallons of water threaten to ruin your machines and your extensive inventory. Our fast-acting team of water damage experts commits to walking you through every step of the process from waterlogged to dry and restored for both the structure and contents of your shop.
SERVPRO crews arrive to assess the situation and plan for the recovery as soon as possible. We outfit our vehicles with truck-mounted pumps and water extractors, allowing our technicians to begin water removal immediately, even if the power is off. Your equipment poses a risk of electric shock until the area dries, so our ability to evacuate the water without using your power sources is crucial.
Advanced training in material management supports the ability of our crews to pack out your inventory quickly and with an accurate listing that identifies what we moved. We store supplies, and your paperwork either in a dry area of your building or offsite if water damage is pervasive. Throughout the process, we maintain an evidence chain so you can reconstruct customer orders and provide documentation for your insurance company. Our training in drying technologies helps us advise which materials respond to drying and what items may need to be discarded.
Electronic and other equipment needs expert evaluation before it can be cleared for future operation. SERVPRO works with professionals who are trained to determine whether and how water damaged equipment specific to your industry can be dried successfully. We then take all steps necessary to reach that result.
While decisions are reached on your inventory and equipment, other members of the SERVPRO team work to dry out the structure of your business. Air movers and dehumidifiers achieve the drying goals after the standing water is removed, with constant moisture monitoring guiding the duration.
The technicians from SERVPRO of Overbrook/Wynnefield work persistently to restore your business after unexpected water damage. Call us at (215) 877-6653 to get our team in place and on task.