Recent General Posts
How to Have a Safe Holiday Season
1. Wash hands thoroughly and often as this washes away problematic germs that could make you sick!
2. Wear warm clothes! Wearing light layers can actually heighten your chances of getting sick because it weakens your immune system.
3. Get up to date on your vaccinations!
4. Practice your fire emergency plan, as you never know when something bad could happen.
5. Eat healthy and stay active! We know how much junk food there is to eat around this time of year.
6. Clean out your chimney! Better yet, hire a professional to do it for you.
7. Drive safely, winter weather can make driving very dangerous. Never forget to put on your seatbelt.
8. Make sure you have someone to clear snow off your property BEFORE it snows! If you are doing this on your own, use salt or calcium chloride to prevent icing afterwards.
Here Is How To Cook The Best Turkey
Here are a few tips according to foodnetwork.com on how to cook the perfect turkey Thursday.
1. Choose the type of turkey best for you. Make sure to choose a healthy looking bird with the right weight.
2. Expect 1-1.5 lbs. per guest. This helps account for the weight of the bones as well.
3. Use vegetables as the cooking wrack. This helps create better air circulation so that the turkey is cooked more evenly.
4. Brining your turkey will help it stay moist.
5. Keep stuffing on the outside. Cook stuffing in a different pan because stuffing inside the turkey can be perfect for creating bacteria inside the turkey.
6. Try to tie your turkey up. Tie the wings underneath the breast and tie the legs to each other and tighten slightly. This helps the meat cook more evenly.
7. Rub the turkey with butter or oil. You can even put some under the skin to keep the meat more moist.
8. Skip the basting. This causes an unnecessary amount of temperature changes and can dry out the meat.
9. Invest in a good instant temp thermometer. When it reaches 165 degree level you know it is finished.
10. Give it a rest. Let the turkey sit for 15-20 mins after it is out of the oven to carve. This helps lock in the juices.
For Immediate Service in Overbrook/Wynnefield, Call SERVPRO
SERVPRO of Overbrook/Wynnefield provides 24hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any sized disaster in Overbrook/Wynnefield. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 – 215-877-6653
Whether your Overbrook/Wynnefield home needs emergency flood damage or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your Overbrook/Wynnefield commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business.
IICRC Certified Firm
SERVPRO of Overbrook/Wynnefield is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Overbrook/Wynnefield
SERVPRO of Overbrook/Wynnefield specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
The Best Way to Minimize a Disaster at Your Home or Business is to Plan for it NOW!
As many as 50% of businesses may never recover following a disaster, according to the latest industry research. Of the businesses that survive, the overwhelming majority of them had a preparedness plan in place. Pre-planning can serve as an insurance policy aimed at peace of mind. By developing a SERVPRO® Emergency READY Profile for your business, you minimize business interruption by having an immediate plan of action. Knowing what to do and what to expect in advance is the key to timely mitigation and can help minimize how water and fire damage can affect your business.
Are You Ready? Preparation is a key component for making it through any size disaster, whether it’s a small water leak, a large fire or an area flood. The best time for planning for such events is not when the event happens, but well before it happens. No one ever plans on a disaster, but you can plan for it. Now is the time to ask yourself, “Are you ready for whatever could happen?” The SERVPRO® Emergency READY Profile is a start up approach that provides the critical information needed to begin mitigation and recovery services. It is designed to serve as a quick reference of important building and contact information. By working with SERVPRO’s Emergency READY Profile, your business will receive the benefit of over 40 years of experience in reducing the impact of any natural or man-made disaster. SERVPRO® is a leader in water and fire damage response and can help you quickly get your property back in working order.
- A no cost assessment of your facility.
This means there is no need to allocate funds, giving you a great value at no cost.
- A concise Profile Document that contains only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency.
It will only take a little time to complete and will not take you away from current projects. But it will save a lot of time if ever needed.
- A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster.
This can help minimize the amount of time your business is inactive by having an immediate plan of action.
- Establishes your local SERVPRO Franchise Professional as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider.
You have a provider that is recognized as an industry leader and close by.
- Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin.
This saves time so we can begin the work of mitigating the damage which can save you time and money.
- Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas and priority contact information.
Having a quick reference of what to do, how to do it and who to call provides solutions in advance of an emergency so that during the emergency you are "Ready for whatever happens.