How to Have a Safe Holiday Season
1. Wash hands thoroughly and often as this washes away problematic germs that could make you sick!
2. Wear warm clothes! Wearing light layers can actually heighten your chances of getting sick because it weakens your immune system.
3. Get up to date on your vaccinations!
4. Practice your fire emergency plan, as you never know when something bad could happen.
5. Eat healthy and stay active! We know how much junk food there is to eat around this time of year.
6. Clean out your chimney! Better yet, hire a professional to do it for you.
7. Drive safely, winter weather can make driving very dangerous. Never forget to put on your seatbelt.
8. Make sure you have someone to clear snow off your property BEFORE it snows! If you are doing this on your own, use salt or calcium chloride to prevent icing afterwards.