Your Air Ducts Could be Making You Sick
WINTER is coming quick, which means spending more time indoors, and if you have poor air quality, that could mean spending the season breathing in allergens and toxins. In a typical six-room home, up to 40 pounds of dust is created annually through everyday living!
In America, 22.9 million people are affected by asthma and 6.8 million of these are children. These symptoms are often triggered by poor indoor air quality like dust mites, pollen, and other issues like pet dander. Each year over 2 million people end up in the emergency room due to an asthma attack. Regular cleanings of carpets and HVAC systems can help prevent your family from becoming a statistic.
In addition to the regular irritants found in the winter months, there are several other factors that can increase the need for regular cleanings:
- cigarette or cigar smoke
- water contamination or damage to the home or HVAC system
- home renovation or remodeling projects
So what's the process you ask??
When a homeowner calls asking about our duct cleaning process it gives us the opportunity to talk about what we do and how we do it. Below we've listed some steps SERVPRO of Metro Pittsburgh uses during a routine Duct Cleaning Process:
- Patented equipment includes using air powered agitation systems which automatically adapt to the duct shape, removing debris and filth.
- A powerful push-pull air delivery and collection system transfers the debris from the duct to a 16-gallon container
- Clean air is filtered through a HEPA filtration, removing 99.97% of particles before it returns to air-wash the duct
- Filters will either be cleaned or replaced to remove any odor and dirt
There's more...It can save you money!
According to the U.S. Department of Energy, 25 to 40 percent of the energy used for heating or cooling a home is wasted. Contaminants in the heating and cooling system cause it to work harder and shorten the life of your system. Although filters are used, the heating and cooling system still gets dirty through normal use.
When an HVAC system is clean, it doesn't have to work as hard to maintain the temperature you desire. As a result, less energy is used, leading to improved cost-effectiveness.
To schedule a duct cleaning estimate today, contact SERVPRO of Overbrook/Wynnefield